If you want to impress your family, friends, or colleagues with an incredibly yummy dessert but lazy enough to start vocally asking your smartphone for a pastry shop with home delivery, then maybe you can check this extremely simple recipe instead. Rest assured it is going to be a success! And people may even suggest to post this on the company food blog. True story!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- Heavy cream 500ml
- Vanilla pod 1pc
- Gelatine leaves 3-6gr (depends on how firm you want it)
- Powdered sugar 50-150gr (depends on how sweet you want it)
- Mixed frozen berries 50gr
- Difficulty: easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy
- Preparation time: 15min
- Cooking time: 15min
- Cooling time: >5h
- Separate the gelatine leaves and soak them in a bowl with cold water until soft.
- Cut the vanilla pod (not your finger) lengthwise and extract the seeds.
- Pour the heavy cream in a cauldron, heat it up to simmer while casting a spell.
- Add the vanilla pod, seeds, sugar. Not the bat wings. Start stirring.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves. Squeeze again. Throw in the cauldron.
- Stir until the gelatine has dissolved. I cheated and used an electric mixer.
- Pour the sauce into cups through the thingy-with-fine-metal-net, a.k.a. sieve.
- Put the cups in the fridge. Berries in a bowl in the fridge too.
- Check the fridge every half hour to see whether the panna cotta has thickened.
- Don’t freak out, everything is going to be fine tomorrow. Perhaps.
- Serve the panna cotta with berries and their sauce the fridge elves made overnight.
- Devour it immediately.